Last Wednesday, the authors did a Q&A for the audience. So I jotted down some facts about the authors I don’t think any of us knew before…
Did you know…?
- Matched and Across the Universe were originally supposed to be a standalone novel.
- Ansel in Nightshade is based on Andrea’s little brother.
- The Ourboroughs Society (from the Eternal Ones) went through 6+ different names before Kirsten finalized the name.
- The word frex (from Across the Universe) means Financial Research of Exchange in our world. Beth thought it would be natural word for the characters to develop into a ‘curse.’ It is in exchange for today’s ‘F’ word.
- Ally Condie loves Unicorns.
- Kirsten Miller loves blowing things up.
- Kirsten, Andrea and Ally all agree that the first line of a novel is the hardest to write. Brenna says that the last line is harder. Beth says the first is fun and the last it satisfying.