Cyn happily answered some questions I had for her!
1. You currently have two books out, one being released next year and one in the works. Out of the four, which one is currently your favorite and why?
Well, I just sold another one, so now I have five! But of them, I have to say that Starstruck is my favorite. It’s very personal, and Dough is most like me– very insecure, with a lot of body image issues, which was a major problem for me growing up.It’s kind of a quieter book– it’s about a girl whose boyfriend comes back to town after being gone for four years. It doesn’t have a huge hook like my first two books, so it may not be everyone’s favorite, but it’s definitely mine!
2. Fairy Tale and Sleepless are both based in New Jersey. I’m from New Jersey, so it makes me really happy to see novels take place in the state I live in. I know that you grew up in Jersey, but what makes you base your stories in your home state?
Sleepless takes place, technically, in Bucks County, PA, but I think it’s just easier to base my books in places that I’m most comfortable with. Starstruck takes place in a fictional Jersey shore town, and Living Backwards takes place in Seaside Park. But I am getting braver! My fifth novel takes place in Maine! I lived there for four years, though, so I’m not just making things up.
3. Do you have a food that you love to eat while writing?
I eat Twix bars like crazy. I have been known to eat an entire box of them in a day.
4. How do you build a character?
I really write the whole book and let the characters personalities come out of the situations that they’re in. While I’m writing, I don’t know much about my characters. It’s in revisions that their individual traits and quirks come out.
5. What is your favorite paranormal creature?
Zombies! I am seriously addicted to them. They can be dumb and funny or scary and sad at the same time. Give me a zombie and I can’t tear myself away. That was a bad pun. Sorry.
Thank you Cyn ! I love having you on the blog 🙂