Books You Should Be Reading this Summer June 22, 2013Posted by lostinbelieving in Advice, Just to Blog, Reading.
“If you don’t like to read you haven’t found the right book.”
– J.K. Rowling
Whether or not you are an avid reader, you are familiar with J.K. Rowling and her very, very popular Harry Potter series. One book turned into a series that seduced millions of hearts around the world. I know Harry Potter, you know Harry Potter, and that goldfish over there knows about Harry Potter. We all know about Harry Potter, but I don’t think you know what Harry Potter did…it got millions of people to read.
If you like to read, you are nodding in agreement. If you disagree with the words on this paper, then you are someone who has not found the right book yet. The one that grabs your attention and pulls your mind into a completely new world. You need to find that one book that has you thinking about it long after the last page has been turned. And this article is here to help.
Summer: vacations, beaches, and parties. It’s the season to relax and to just be carefree. Summer is also the season where most people have the most free time, and what better way to spend your free time with a really amazing book?
From cute, summer romances to fantastic adventures, overcoming hardships and getting swept up in the paranormal, here are just a few (out of many) young adult novels you should be checking out this summer.
Summer Fling Novels:
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
- Falling in Love with English Boys by Melissa Jensen
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- The D.U.F.F. by Kody Keplinger
- Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Legend by Marie Lu
Other Good Books:
- The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
- Everyday by David Levithan
- Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr